At numa we believe in a much needed simplicity and delight in the traditional hospitality industry, so we’re building a new way. We’re developing innovative technologies to establish and operate a new lifestyle apartment category in the world’s most vibrant neighbourhoods. We build a wholly digital and personalised guest journey without the need for human interaction, a data-driven automated revenue management system, and a platform to automate 80% of hospitality processes. We’re bringing some soul to travel and want you to join us on the journey.
About The Role
We are seeking an exceptional candidate to lead our Corporate Sales division, responsible for all B2B and Group business for numa.
Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, the Director of Corporate Sales has full ownership over growing our Corporate and Group revenues across our pan-European portfolio of properties.
You’ll be working closely with numa’s senior leaders across Product, Finance, Operations and Real Estate to ensure that we’re providing an exceptional proposition for our Corporate Guests that drives our ability to win new business, drives repeat usage and generates the positive word of mouth recommendations that are critical to achieving our goals.
This is a unique opportunity to drive forward a critical component of the business in its early stages and define how numa is positioned long into the future.Objectives & Key Responsibilities
- Sales and prospecting: Develop and implement a comprehensive sales and prospecting strategy to identify and sign new corporate clients.
- Account Management: establish a robust Account Management structure and set of processes, aiming to ensure we’re maximize the potential of all of our engaged customers. You’ll be the ‘face of numa’ for our most critical clients.
- Deliver against the B2B & Group targets: you’ll be responsible for delivering on our ambitious B2B and Groups revenue and profitability goals. You’ll be responsible for cascading these down the members of your team and tracking individual and aggregate performance.
- Process implementation: work closely with Marketing, Operations, Revenue, Distribution, Finance and Product to ensure that our processes are as effective and efficient as possible.
- Be the voice of the (corporate) customer: be the internal evangelist for your corporate customers internally, including working with our product teams to estimate impact of initiatives and the prioritisation of core roadmap items.
- Coaching and team development: You’ll be responsible for expanding out your team and be expected to help develop them in order to help level up their output
We encourage you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the below criteria. We care most that you are excited about the role and our mission, and are willing to learn. Ideally, you have:
- Established sales leader with at least 4 years working in a B2B Sales Leadership role
- Experience managing and building teams you’ll be managing a team of 5-10 from day one and expected to rapidly scale the department
- Proven experience of rapidly scaling sales volumes to beyond 20m EUR in annual revenue
- Data driven mindset - you’re someone who continuously analyzes and evaluates sales data to identify areas for improvement and adjusts the sales approach accordingly
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build high trust relationships and influence decision making even without formal authority.
- Bias for action - we love well thought through, data driven decisions but we need to move quickly. You’ll need to be comfortable making the call with only 80% of the information
- Hospitality background a big plus - it means you’ll hit the ground running fast - but it’s not essential
- Experience managing multi-disciplined teams (inbound, outbound, account management) a major plus
- Languages: Fluent English is a must, German fluency will be considered a plus
About Our Offer
numa values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognised, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilise each person’s talents and strengths. We therefore welcome applications from people of all races, ethnicities, disability statuses, ages, religions, gender identities, and sexual orientations.
- Join an agile work environment with flat hierarchies where your ideas make an impact from the very beginning
- Build your own success story based on what you do well and how you want to grow
- Make the most of our flexible working hours and work from home flexibility
- Choose the tools you work with from our selection of office equipment and software
- Maintain and improve your mental wellness with a monthly Calm subscription on us
- Elevate your fitness with a free Gympass subscription or monthly gym stipend
- Get to know your internationally diverse team during our events and retreats
- We want you to understand our product so upon your start, you'll get to spend a night at your nearest numa stay!
*For more information on the processing of your personal data, please see our Privacy Notice.