What is Launch?
Launch is the critical step in transforming brick and mortar into numa magic. Once a deal has been struck for a property to join our portfolio, the launch phase is the critical component of taking it from zero to one operationally
- welcoming our first guests and turning the dreams of our Design & Real Estate teams into operational reality. Launch is the SWAT team that is deployed to make this happen, coordinating all the internal and external stakeholders to execute the right task on time to reach our common goals.This is an amazing opportunity to be part of a dynamic team that is at the cutting edge of hospitality technology. The launch team is at the core in executing the reshaping of our industry by leading the pre-opening stages of launching our hotels. We move with lightning speed, opening hotels in a matter of under 8 weeks, across several cities such as Barcelona, Berlin, Madrid, Milan, Munich, Sevilla and Vienna just to name a few! An internship like no other
This job is both mentally & physically challenging, requiring you to be comfortable with getting uncomfortable. You will be given responsibility from day 1. You’ll be travelling extensively across several countries in Europe (up to 20 days a month). Every day presents a new challenge. One day you could be in Frankfurt opening a 100-room property - making sure the finishing touches are ready for a photoshoot, at the other end of the week you could be in sunny Sevilla coordinating the delivery of furniture in a cute enchanting 10-unit hotel.This role demands your dedication. Our commitment to you in return is the following:
- Provision of multiple opportunities to prove your worth.
- Personal mentorship from your direct manager and director who are intrinsically motivated to help you improve.
- Have your voice heard; at numa we don’t believe in seniority so you’ll get to take part in discussions amongst managers, directors & cofounders to make impactful decisions.
- Opportunity to learn & develop behavioural & technical skills that will help you in whichever career you decide to pursue;
- Behavioural skills: Emotional intelligence, independence, self-awareness, patience, conflict resolution, attention to detail, resilience & confidence.
- Technical skills: Stakeholder management, project management, planning & organisation, ability to learn & understand the power of leveraging technology to your advantage.
- Access to a hard-working but friendly, international team of openminded & entrepreneurial individuals.
- At the end of your internship, your CV will boast impressive achievements proving how you’ve added value.
The above only happens with your commitment and proaction. Anything worthwhile takes effort.If you want to make a difference, be challenged, grow in a short space of time and get recognition for your hard work, then send us your CV along with a cover letter telling us why you’re our next launcher. No slouchers please =)Your mission
- Assisting with the coordination and management of internal & external key stakeholders during the pre-opening process of a new property to ensure timely launch completion.
- Extensive travel across various cities to assist with coordinating and executing tasks onsite alongside contractors, suppliers & other 3rd parties.
- Communication with all stakeholders on project deadlines, making sure we’re progressing and being held accountable.
- Taking part in brainstorming sessions to improve processes or remove recurring problems & bottlenecks.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining internal information management tools related to our properties.
- Collaborating with relevant stakeholders to ensure that all operational requirements and numa guest experience standards are met on-site.
- Supporting with ad-hoc administrative, operational & project management tasks when required.