numa is a hospitality brand offering uniquely designed apartments for the modern traveller. We develop and operate a new category of lifestyle apartments whether it is for your weekend city trip, business travel or temporary home. Our uniquely designed apartments are located in the most exciting neighbourhoods and cities, that will make you feel like a local. numa offers you a consistent quality and guest experience no matter where your next trip will take you. To achieve our mission, we are building a proprietary technology and data platform connecting hospitality services, real estate and guest experiences.
About The Role
In this hybrid role where you can work in the office or remotely, you will:
- Take ownership of the regular accounting process and execute monthly closing procedures of our legal entities / locations and make sure that our closing deadlines are met
- Support the development of our accounting procedures and improvement of accuracy incl. asset booking, accrual management and deferred income
- Own the balance sheets of your entities and anticipate / run corrections where needed
- Support the accounting side of special or more complex topics (e.g. new companies/launch phase, intercompany and international transactions)
- Train & support your junior colleagues in daily accounting tasks and give valuable input to your team lead to continuously improve our accounting setup
- Work closely with internal teams and external accounting providers to manage exchange of necessary information/data, check and support the completion of tasks, and answer any open questions
- Be the go to person when it comes to detailed accounting questions of your entities (balance sheet and P&L)
We encourage you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the below criteria. We care most that you are excited about the role and our mission, and are willing to learn. Ideally, you:
- Have 3 years of professional experience in Accounting or Audit in a digital or start-up environment
- Are fluent in English (C1 level required), Italian is a plus
- Have a university diploma with a background in Business Administration or trained / certified accountant / Bilanzbuchhalter / Auditor
- Are experienced in HGB standard (IFRS is an asset)
- Have basic knowledge in consolidation
- Are a proficient user of standard accounting software (e.g. DATEV, NAV, Netsuite)
- Have experience in effectively comprehending and resolving complex issues
- Are able to understand and closely work with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Have high emotional intelligence
- Are self-driven, hands-on and a solution oriented team player
About Our Offer
numa values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognised, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilise each person’s talents and strengths. We therefore welcome applications from people of all races, ethnicities, disability statuses, ages, religions, gender identities, and sexual orientations.
- Join an agile work environment with flat hierarchies where your ideas make an impact from the very beginning
- Build your own success story based on what you do well and how you want to grow
- Make the most of our flexible working hours and work from home flexibility
- Choose the tools you work with from our selection of office equipment and software
- Maintain and improve your mental wellness with a monthly Calm subscription on us
- Elevate your fitness with a free Gympass subscription or monthly gym stipend
- Get to know your internationally diverse team during our events and retreats
- We want you to understand our product so upon your start, you'll get to spend a night at your nearest numa stay!
*For more information on the processing of your personal data, please see our Privacy Notice.