numa is a hospitality brand offering uniquely designed apartments for the modern traveller. We develop and operate a new category of lifestyle apartments whether it is for your weekend city trip, business travel or temporary home. Our uniquely designed apartments are located in the most exciting neighbourhoods and cities, that will make you feel like a local. numa offers you a consistent quality and guest experience no matter where your next trip will take you. To achieve our mission, we are building a proprietary technology and data platform connecting hospitality services, real estate and guest experiences.
About The Role
As the Design Sourcing Lead at numa you will focus on Design Development and Furniture Sourcing:
- Work together with the Creative Design Team to develop furniture elements from the abstract concept into a scalable detailed design, whilst respecting the design intent.
- Value engineer design to achieve target prices, whilst optimising manufacture, packaging, delivery, and installation costs.
- Live test furniture mock-ups, ensuring it’s quality, suitability, and price.
- Continually improve Numa furniture, fixtures and equipment performance by consolidating feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
- Set and track milestones, budgets, quality and timelines to ensure projects are delivered within its specifications.
- Implementing the end-to-end process from researching, identifying, and developing a network of fit-out contractors capable managing site works, manufacturing and installing numa furniture.
- Manage day-to-day contacts with strategic fit-out contractors, tracking KPI’s, and delivery capability.
- Identify gaps and initiate improvement opportunities and develop mitigation measures.
We encourage you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the below criteria. We care most that you are excited about the role and our mission, and are willing to learn. Ideally, you have:
- 5 yrs scaling design process (furniture design & sourcing)
- C1 English
- Bachelors or master’s degree in architecture, Interior, Furniture Design, or relevant Art field
- Advanced knowledge of the G-suite, Adobe professional (InDesign and Photoshop), AutoCAD & Revit
- Strong negotiating skills, both technical and price.
- Experience in leadership, team building, and delegation.
- Strong attention to detail and knowledge of budgeting
About Our Offer
numa values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognised, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilise each person’s talents and strengths. We therefore welcome applications from people of all races, ethnicities, disability statuses, ages, religions, gender identities, and sexual orientations.
- Join an agile work environment with flat hierarchies where your ideas make an impact from the very beginning
- Build your own success story based on what you do well and how you want to grow
- Make the most of our flexible working hours and work from home flexibility
- Choose the tools you work with from our selection of office equipment and software
- Maintain and improve your mental wellness with a monthly Calm subscription on us
- Elevate your fitness with a free Gympass subscription or monthly gym stipend
- Get to know your internationally diverse team during our events and retreats
- We want you to understand our product so upon your start, you'll get to spend a night at your nearest numa stay!
*For more information on the processing of your personal data, please see our Privacy Notice.