At numa we believe in a much needed simplicity and delight in the traditional hospitality industry, so we’re building a new way. We’re developing innovative technologies to establish and operate a new lifestyle apartment category in the world’s most vibrant neighbourhoods. We build a wholly digital and personalised guest journey without the need for human interaction, a data-driven automated revenue management system, and a platform to automate 80% of hospitality processes. We’re bringing some soul to travel and want you to join us on the journey.
About The Role
As our head of engineering, you have the unique opportunity to own the entire engineering organisation for the next generation of hospitality in one of the most innovative travel tech startups. You will:
- Lead multiple high-performing cross-functional engineering (Backend, Frontend, DevOps, QA, Data) teams
- Own and improve the entire software development lifecycle (SDLC) including coding standards, code reviews, git workflows, testing / deployment strategies, monitoring / debugging setups
- Shape the overall system architecture, team structures, roles and responsibilities in the engineering organization
- Ensure continuous sustainable team growth by empowering, reducing dependencies and mentoring\
- Build and refine our hiring (& retention) strategies to scale the engineering organization
- Spot delivery bottlenecks & jump in if needed (hands-on)
- Collaborate closely with our CTO & VP Product to co-develop roadmap
We encourage you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the below criteria. We care most that you are excited about the role and our mission, and are willing to learn. Ideally, you:
- Have 2+ years of expertise in an engineering leadership role (Engineering manager, Head of Engineering, Director / VP Engineering)
- Have 5+ years of experience in an engineering role (Software engineer)
- Have spent your last years within an environment around distributed cloud architectures (AWS preferably)
- Know what scales and what doesn’t, and you know how to handle the growing complexity and number of dependencies
- Have a strong desire to solve problems
- Are a great communicator with a strong mentoring skills
- Besides a “getting shit done” mentality, you have a strong theoretical knowledge of software engineering concepts, techniques, and tools
- Bonus points: Experience in serverless environments
- Extra bonus points: You have worked in a scale-up before
About Our Offer
numa values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognised, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilise each person’s talents and strengths. We therefore welcome applications from people of all races, ethnicities, disability statuses, ages, religions, gender identities, and sexual orientations.
- Join an agile work environment with flat hierarchies where your ideas make an impact from the very beginning
- Build your own success story based on what you do well and how you want to grow
- Earn a competitive salary
- Make the most of our flexible working hours and work from home flexibility
- Choose the tools you work with from our selection of office equipment and software
- Maintain and improve your mental wellness with a monthly Calm subscription on us
- Elevate your fitness with a free Gympass subscription or monthly gym stipend
- Get to know your internationally diverse team during our events and retreats
- We want you to understand our product so upon your start, you'll get to spend a night at your nearest numa stay!
*For more information on the processing of your personal data, please see our Privacy Notice.
Nicht das Richtige dabei?
Nichts gefunden, das zu dir passt?
Kein Problem! Wir suchen immer nach neuen Talenten, also schick uns trotzdem deinen Lebenslauf.