It’s time to fight against the same-same service. The cookie-cutter corridors. The lifeless lobbies. We’re in pursuit of something better. At numa, we’re bringing some soul to travel. Whether you’re on a weekend trip or looking to work from anywhere, we’ve got you covered. Our apartments are located in the most exciting neighbourhoods and cities, with an emphasis on consistent quality, inspiring design. We’re developing innovative technologies to disrupt the traditional hospitality industry while striking a new balance between local heritage and tourism where everyone wins.
You will have a strategic role (incl strategy, project management and supply chain) working directly with our co-founder and Chief Creative Officer, building a scalable numa design for take-over, refurbishment and development projects whilst ensuring numa’s design vision is implemented across all our locations. As a manager you will build and manage a team of interior designers, industrial design, FF&E (and OS&E) sourcing, production, quality control and logistics to 1) fully project manage and execute our take-over projects (where no architect is needed) and 2) manage the design process of our refurbishment and development projects working closely with our architect and project management team. This is a senior role with a real impact to realising numa’s vision “bring some soul to travel”. You Will Focus On:
- Project manage our design processes, taking the creative vision through to execution and implementation
- Build a design playbook, creating a design process that's scalable and easily implementable by our interior designers (without always relying on the creative team)
- Ensure the design process is integrated into REVIT (our new tech/ BIM tool used by our interior architects).
- For both take-over and development projects, deliver the design planning, within numa brand standards, on-time, correct drawings, right functionality, quantities, installation guides, handover documents for operations etc, etc.
- Project manage take-over projects, making sure we execute from start to finish. Incl. managing internal coordination with other departments
- Supply chain; working with FF&E (and OS&E) procurement, ensuring quality in our furniture production. Build a quality control process that mitigates defects early
- Build our design documentation process for handover to launch and operations
- Join strategic meetings internally to gather feedback across the company with the aim to constantly improve our design and product towards guests
- Bachelors or masters degree in Architecture, Interior, Furniture Design or relevant Art field
- 5+ years of experience incl experience in scaling a design process
- Excellent interpersonal skills to clearly synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications and clearly and effectively communicate the creative vision into solutions towards internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in leadership, team-building, and delegation. Leading and managing a creative team
- Strong attention to detail and knowledge of budgeting
- on-brand numa aesthetics, with solid grasp of design history, photography and the visual arts is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of the G-suite, Adobe professional (InDesign and Photoshop), AutoCAD and Revit.
- Fluent in English and preferably German. Other European languages such as Polish, Italian, Ukrainian and Portuguese are a plus.
- Strong founding team with exceptional track record
- High impact role in a fast growing company
- Opportunity to grow with numa and expand the remit of the role
- Powerful financial backing from recognised tech-investors
- Office in the heart of Berlin