It’s time to fight against the same-same service. The cookie-cutter corridors. The lifeless lobbies. We’re in pursuit of something better. At numa, we’re bringing some soul to travel. Whether you’re on a weekend trip or looking to work from anywhere, we’ve got you covered. Our apartments are located in the most exciting neighbourhoods and cities, with an emphasis on consistent quality, inspiring design. We’re developing innovative technologies to disrupt the traditional hospitality industry while striking a new balance between local heritage and tourism where everyone wins.
You will work directly with our Lead Creatives for Interior and Furniture, assisting on furniture and joinery design for our European locations, having a real impact on the complete process from design development to prototyping, execution and installation on-site. Working together with our Creative Lead and Industrial Designer, you will have a technical role focusing on creating furniture design and technical drawings, as well as execution of furniture production, and work closely with our procurement, architect and project management teams. You will get a complete understanding of how a development project is managed from start to finish. Being an important part of the process, you will contribute to realising numa’s vision “bring some soul to travel” with many opportunities to grow your career.You Will Focus On:
- Furniture design
- Kitchen, wardrobes and other joinery design
- Produce technical drawings for the manufacturer
- Preparing mood boards, furniture schedules and furniture layouts
- Preparing detailed furniture packages for pricing
- Organising and keeping the numa furniture library up to date
- Visit factories for research and quality control (Europe)
- Prepare Furniture installation instructions/ oversee installation
- Assist with installation on-site and prepare follow-up documentation for the manufacturer
- Undergraduate diploma in Industrial Design, Interior and Furniture Design or Architecture
- On-brand numa aesthetics, feel for how colours and textures sink-in a room together when combined.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Resourceful and practical, whilst imaginative for sourcing solutions
- Willingness to frequently travel
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Suite - InDesign and Photoshop, Sketch-up, Rhino and AutoCAD. Knowledge of Revit is a plus
- A good understanding and ability to use of G sheets
- Fluent in English and preferably German. Other European languages such as Polish, Italian, Ukrainian and Portuguese are a plus.
- Strong founding team with exceptional track record
- High impact role in fast growing start-up
- Opportunity to grow with us and the role
- Powerful financial backing from recognised tech-investors
- Office in the heart of Berlin