It’s time to fight against the same-same service. The cookie-cutter corridors. The lifeless lobbies. We’re in pursuit of
something better. At numa, we’re bringing some soul to travel. Whether you’re on a weekend trip or looking to work from anywhere, we’ve got you covered. Our apartments are located in the most exciting neighborhoods and cities, with an emphasis on consistent quality, and inspiring design. We’re developing innovative technologies to disrupt the traditional hospitality industry while striking a new balance between local heritage and tourism where everyone wins.
Help turn numa into a high-performance sport-team that will supercharge our growth, based on 4 main pillars:
- Build rock solid core people processes;
- Attract the best talent on the market;
- Establish an industry-leading culture;
- Help identify icebergs that could sink the ship.
- Help create a culture that’s the envy of the industry - including building an industry-leading employee NPS.
- Build a super high-performing HR function - we have the foundations in place, we need you to take us to the next level.
- Make sure our people processes are rock solid, help ensure that:
- 100% of new joiners get an onboarding that sets them up for success
- 100% of departures are offboarded smoothly.
- Recruitment efficiency is reflected by an improved offer acceptance rate and shorter time to offer acceptance.
- Payroll runs smoothly and effectively.
- Run our quarterly culture survey and implement improvements to general employee wellbeing, how we
communicate internally, how management is perceived.
- Lead our talent acquisition efforts to attract the best people.
- Provide thought partnership on strategic people matters to the leadership team - ensure that the monthly
HR reporting is delivered on time and always accurate.
- Play a leadership role within the company - exercise influence.
- Own HR/payroll reporting so that we have laser-like clarity of where we stand and that payroll is executed
successfully each month.
- Perform and lead compensation analysis - ensure numa is well positioned against the market and approaches
its compensation strategically.
- Provide an independent and trustworthy ear for employees with sensitive topics to discuss.
- Employ knowledge of relevant labour law to ensure we make sound decisions on employee matters.
- 5+ years of experience in HR or talent management at a startup, scale-up or high growth tech company.
- 2+ years of team management experience.
- Fluent English is a must, fluent German is a plus and if you speak the language of the tech industry then that’s an
- University degree from a top educational institution.
- Knowledge and experience of working with German labour law - understanding of Spanish and Italian labour law in
addition would be a big plus.
- Experience managing multiple cross-functional stakeholders in fast-changing professional environments.
- Baseline analytical ability and comfort with numbers.
- Extreme Ownership: Shares our mindset to feel responsible for your contribution to the mission, for your team, decision making and a positive culture of “mistake handling”
- Analytical skills: Able to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it.
Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Communication Skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and in a structured manner. Feels comfortable communicating with others.
- Pitch Skills & Persuasion: Ability to win and convince external partners to buy into our mission
- Efficiency: Ability to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort. Focuses on key priorities.
- High standards: Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best.
- Organization and planning: Plans, organizes, schedules and budgets in an efficient, productive manner.
Focuses on key priorities.
- Proactivity: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Honesty/Integrity: Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and does not undermine confidences.
Speaks plainly & truthfully
- Calm under pressure: Maintains stable performance when under heavy pressure or stress
- High frustration tolerance: Able to turn negative experiences into positive energy
- Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working
- Openness to criticism and ideas: Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
- Work ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track
record of working hard.
- Ability to hire A Players: Able to identify, select, and sell/convince A Players to
join a company.
- Ability to develop people: Coaches people in their current roles to improve performance and prepares them for future
- Creativity/innovation: Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Follow-through on commitments: Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal costs.
- Competitive salary and compensation
- Work in an environment where you, your work and ideas matter and have an impact
- We’re a hyper-growth Tech Start-up, backed up by leading VCs
- Flexible working hours and work from home flexibility
- DRV Card (Travel Industry Card)
- Computer laptop and other office equipment
- Learning and development opportunities (workshops)
- Gympass subscription (free gym & wellness)
- Family-friendly workplace
- Rapidly growing early-stage startup with huge potential for personal & career growth
- Office in the heart of Berlin (Team-Bonding events, Free coffee, water, protein shakes protein, and bars)
- Experience our product: Stay in our locations and feel the product
- Build your own success story together with us