At numa we believe in a much needed simplicity and delight in the traditional hospitality industry, so we’re building a new way. We’re developing innovative technologies to establish and operate a new lifestyle apartment category in the world’s most vibrant neighbourhoods. We build a wholly digital and personalised guest journey without the need for human interaction, a data-driven automated revenue management system, and a platform to automate 80% of hospitality processes. We’re bringing some soul to travel and want you to join us on the journey.
About The Role
The HR function at numa is critical to the company's long-term success. It’s become a cliche to claim that your company’s secret sauce lies in its people but at numa we genuinely believe this. Our HR department is the glue that holds our talented set of numans together, ensuring that we live by our core value of winning together as a high-performing team. HR is responsible for the core processes of talent acquisition, onboarding, retention, development, culture, off-boarding and maintaining an industry-leading employee NPS.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
- Create, evaluate, & adapt HR policies and procedures
- Build rock-solid core people processes
- Communicate department initiatives and progress in relation to overall numa’s mission
- Be the subject matter expert and own the relationship with external legal counsel
- Maintain competitive benefits packages and communicate/administer/implement updates
- Help create a culture that’s the envy of the industry - including building an industry-leading employee NPS.
- Identify talent needs and counsel company leadership on solutions to talent deficiencies
- Manage employee database & HR issues for all fully onboarded staff.
We encourage you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the below criteria. We care most that you are excited about the role and our mission, and are willing to learn. Ideally, you have:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a human resources role
- Experience with payroll and benefits administration
- Working knowledge of German labour law to ensure we make sound decisions on employee matters (knowledge of other EU Labour Law highly favoured)
- Fluency in English - fluent German is a plus and if you speak the language of the tech industry then that’s an additional advantage
- 2+ years of team management experience
- A university degree in related field or substitute equivalent related work experience
About Our Offer
numa values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognised, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilise each person’s talents and strengths. We therefore welcome applications from people of all races, ethnicities, disability statuses, ages, religions, gender identities, and sexual orientations. *For more information on the processing of your personal data, please see our Privacy Notice.
- Join an agile work environment with flat hierarchies where your ideas make an impact from the very beginning
- Build your own success story based on what you do well and how you want to grow
- Earn a competitive salary
- Make the most of our flexible working hours and work from home flexibility
- Choose the tools you work with from our selection of office equipment and software
- Maintain and improve your mental wellness with a monthly Calm subscription on us
- Elevate your fitness with a free Gympass subscription or monthly gym stipend
- Get to know your internationally diverse team during our events and retreats
- We want you to understand our product so upon your start, you'll get to spend a night at your nearest numa stay!