At numa we believe in a much needed simplicity and delight in the traditional hospitality industry, so we’re building a new way. We’re developing innovative technologies to establish and operate a new lifestyle apartment category in the world’s most vibrant neighbourhoods. We build a wholly digital and personalised guest journey without the need for human interaction, a data-driven automated revenue management system, and a platform to automate 80% of hospitality processes. We’re bringing some soul to travel and want you to join us on the journey.
About The Role
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be part of a product team, closely collaborating with the Product Manager and Lead Engineer. With your team, you will heavily focus on improving our guest's travel experience by expanding our product to various new directions that lead to further business growth. Always challenging how we can increase our guest's satisfaction with their travels. Learn more about our Product & Tech team here
Besides the Product team, you will be part of Product Design and report directly to the VP Product. As a key member of our product design team, you have the opportunity to shape the future of digital product design at numa drastically and might grow into a future design lead role if interested.
- Lead every aspect of the product design cycle from collaborative research, ideation, and rapid prototyping to high-quality UI delivery across the web and native apps.
- Explore ambiguous design challenges with a variety of approaches and collaborative methodologies to help your team orient in problem, ideation, and solution spaces.
- Design new scalable products from scratch but before, do everything possible to familiarize yourself with the core problem you're trying to solve and the user goals
- Run user research and develop a strong user-centered point of view on your product. Validating ideas from implementing low-fidelity prototypes to rapid iterations (sketch, test, repeat)
- Perform qualitative user testing and A/B testing to improve usability based on data
- Mentor other designers; give constructive feedback to strengthen your peers’ decision-making skills and quality of work.
- Collaborate with your stakeholders to facilitate alignment, create shared understanding, and communicate your design rationale.
- Be a thought partner to your Product Manager, building the product strategy and roadmap together
We encourage you to apply even if you don't think you meet all of the below criteria. We care most that you are excited about the role and our mission, and are willing to learn. Ideally, you:
- Have 5 years of experience in Product, UI, and UX design with demonstrable examples for consumer-focused products in cross-functional teams
- Have strong communication skills and experience in facilitating cross-functional work by effective methodologies
- Are fluent from discovery to delivery, experienced with Figma for multiple platforms including iOS and Android besides the responsive web
- Are highly detail-oriented, with a strong sense of visual design, design patterns, a sense of UX copywriting, and a drive for perfection down to the last pixel.
- Have demonstrable ability to be proactive, take full ownership and be comfortable with working autonomously in a fast-paced startup environment
- Are fast in creating sketches, storyboards, and prototypes to effectively communicate your ideas. Test and validate different solutions quickly
- Are adaptable to business/product needs and can identify when to optimize for speed for short term solutions and when to seek quality and hone into the details for bigger features
- Have a best practise approach and awareness of digitally forward concepts and brands
About Our Offer
numa values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognised, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilise each person’s talents and strengths. We therefore welcome applications from people of all races, ethnicities, disability statuses, ages, religions, gender identities, and sexual orientations.
- Join an agile work environment with flat hierarchies where your ideas make an impact from the very beginning
- Build your own success story based on what you do well and how you want to grow
- Earn a competitive salary
- Make the most of our flexible working hours and work from home flexibility
- Choose the tools you work with from our selection of office equipment and software
- Maintain and improve your mental wellness with a monthly Calm subscription on us
- Elevate your fitness with a free Gympass subscription or monthly gym stipend
- Get to know your internationally diverse team during our events and retreats
- We want you to understand our product so upon your start, you'll get to spend a night at your nearest numa stay!
*For more information on the processing of your personal data, please see our Privacy Notice.